Thank you for your interest in our Animal Training Internship. This is an unpaid, 3-month minimum internship (start and end dates are flexible) for professionals or those who already have hands on experience training or caring for animals. (click here for Animal Care Internship requiring no previous experience). International applicants are encouraged; however, no visa assistance can be provided.
Your application submission signifies that you have read and are able to comply with the following conditions. Interns must be:
- 18 years or older.
- Able to commit to a minimum of at least 12 weeks, 5 days a week.
- Available to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to lift 50 lbs, work long hours on your feet, and work outside in various weather conditions.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude, good work ethic, sense of responsibility, and a strong willingness to learn.
- Financially stable enough to obtain housing and transportation, though SLEWTHS staff will do their best to assist you in rental options (public transportation in our area is very poor).
- Will take or have taken the Animal Training 101 online course (or other ATR class/workshop)
To Apply –
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Animal Training Internship” in the subject line:
- SLEWTHS Animal Training Internship Application- Click here
- etters of recommendations—Provide one or two letters (ideally from different institutions). Letters may be sent from the applicant or the person providing the recommendation letter.
- Describe your background, pertinent experiences and goals, and why you are interested in this internship. If you believe you may have difficulty complying with one or more of the required duties or responsibilities due to a physical limitation or other reason, please address these concerns. Include questions found on the application form. (Not longer than one page in length)
- Full photograph for staff identification
Documents must be in one of the following formats – PDF, .doc, .docx, and must be submitted together with your first and last name and the date in the file name.
Ex. 2010Aug_Jane_Doe_Resume, 2010Aug_Jane_Doe_Statement