"I love it here and look forward to coming back." -Ileah Rooney age 10
Our Jr. Trainer program is for children ages 9-16 (as young as 7 if they participate with a parent) who are serious in their interest of animal care and training. This allows people to experience what it's really like to work with sea lions, not just an interaction program like other places may offer (although it's still fun and exciting!).
Jr. Trainers receive personalized attention designed to give them a feel for what it’s like to actually care for, work with, and train sea lions. They learn animal care, feeding, husbandry skills, and much more!
- Includes a sea lion kiss with a photo for you to keep
- Available year round, 7 days a week (multiple days do not have to be consecutive)
- May be scheduled for 1-5 days at a time.
- Hours are 8:30am to 3:00pm
- Scheduled on a first come, first served basis, with no more than 2 participants at a time for personal attention. (Summer is the busiest time, so early reservations suggested)
- $50.00 non-refundable deposit required to reserve dates ($100 deposit required for summer months of June - August)
- Balance of fee due by first day
- One day - $199.00 which includes feeding sessions
- Two days - $375.00 (includes above and a training session at the fence)
- Three days - $525.00 (includes above and a training session inside)
- Call (831) 771-4191 or email email@example.com
- Deposits may be mailed to:
Moss Landing Marine Labs
8272 Moss Landing Road
Moss Landing, CA 95039
Make checks payable to: San Jose State University Foundation