Jr. internships are for children ages 10-16 who are serious in their interest of animal care and training. This allows people to experience what it's really like to work with sea lions, not just an interactive program that places, like Sea World offer (although it's still fun and exciting!). Jr. internships require a signed parental consent form.
Interns will receive personalized attention designed to give them a feel for what it’s like to actually care for, work with, and train sea lions. All interns learn animal care, feeding, husbandry skills, and much more!
Internships are also customized for individual interests with special experiences available in training, research or veterinary medicine:
- Internships available year round 7 days a week (multiple days do not have to be consecutive)
- Jr. interns are scheduled for one, two, or three days at a time.
- Hours are 8:30am to 3:00pm
- Scheduled on a first come, first served basis, with no more than 2 interns at a time for personal attention. Jr. interns will not be scheduled on the same days as adult interns unless it's a family participating together. (summer is the busiest time, so early reservations suggested)
- Internships include a sea lion kiss and a photo for you to keep
$50.00 non-refundable deposit required to reserve internship dates ($100 deposit required for summer months of June, July, and August)
- Balance of fee due by first day of internship
- No housing or transportation provided
- One day internship - $199.00 which includes feeding sessions
- Two day internship - $375.00 (includes above and 1 training sessions at the fence)
- Three day internship - $525.00 (includes above and 1 training session inside)
To sign up for an internship:
- Call (831) 771-4191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deposits should be mailed to:
Moss Landing Marine Labs
8272 Moss Landing Road
Moss Landing, CA 95039
Make checks payable to: San Jose State University Foundation